tiistai 25. maaliskuuta 2014

Motivation and me

My name is Laura Sorvisto and I’m 23 years old. I am responsible of international student tutoring in JAMKO’s board and I think it fits me perfectly because I love traveling, speaking English and meeting new people. Studying, working and my place in JAMKO’s board keeps me very busy but so far I have only loved it! I like to keep myself busy because that’s when I get the most out of myself and I have met many great people who I’ve learned a lot from.

After graduating from high school and business school it took me three years to find the motivation to study more. I decided to study hospitality management because that’s the field I’ve been working since I was 15. I wanted to major in tourism because traveling was the only thing that interested me after finishing previous studies.

I know, especially as a student, motivation comes and goes. Sometimes you feel you could conquer the world and other days it is the biggest challenge to even get out of bed. I think the motivation needs to come within the person, no-one should make you do something you don’t want to. People get motivated from different things some from inspiration and people around them, others from money and respect. I always tell people to follow their dreams, I know I am and it keeps me motivated.


Little list to help:
x Set a goal / goals for yourself
x Find your strengths
x Believe in yourself
x Learn how to stop and relax
x Challenge yourself every once in awhile
x Stay interested (you need to want to learn!)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti