perjantai 30. elokuuta 2013

For the last time and then goodbye...

Today is my last day in JAMKO. I started almost a year ago to the date (4 days short of one year) and today it ends. I am leaving to pursue my PhD in Scotland where I will be spending the next 4 years. During this last week I have spent a lot of time contemplating about my year in JAMKO.

This year has been full of oh-so-many things: long work trips, student parties, romping in the snow, demonstrations, playfulness, singing, new people, bunnies, detentions (JAMKOs that is…), overall patches, funniness, but most of all loads and loads and loads of laughter!  I will always remember JAMKO and the people there from laughter. I have laughed my butt off so many times with my co-workers that I have lost count at this point! I have met so many amazing people in this job that I do hope that they will stay in my life for the rest of my life.  

Despite meeting new people, one of the downsides to this job is that I rarely get to meet and hang out with students. My job keeps me at my desk and in our office most of the time. That is why my best memories from this year are definitely those where I have gotten the chance to hang out with our students. Events such as the opening picnic and Tursajaiset (which are coming again, so make sure you come!) are good examples of those moments. But I definitely spent the most memorable times last spring at the tutor training camps! There I had the chance to be with our students for three full days and play, hang out, goof around and meet students. I had an absolute blast! Those were some of the best days I have spent in JAMKO. That is why it has been so nice to see the new tutors this week spending time with the new students and helping them around the campus and in our office. An old aunt like me really enjoys seeing that.  

Although I had hoped that my last week in JAMKO would be easier and more relaxed, JAMKO made sure that I was kept busy as a bee all the way to the very last minute I was at work. Despite the hustle and bustle of this last week, it feels good to know that I ended with the same blast I started a year ago: with full speed during orientation week!

I spent my last night in Jyväskylä yesterday by having a lovely dinner with JAMKOs former tutor and sports secretary (or not really a former, she is on a study leave) Minna. 

Omnonom...

Minna really enjoyd her steak...
The dinner was followed by a night out with JAMKOs vice chairperson of the board Olli, and JAMKOs current tutor and sports secretary Oona. When walked got home at 4:30 this morning, I was happy I ended my time in a student union in a way that is appropriate for someone working in the students’ union  J

Now I say goodbye and leave JAMKOs communications and trusteeship work to the safe hands the new communications guru Anna.


So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti