lauantai 19. huhtikuuta 2014

The other side of my student life

The student grant basically just covers the rent, so where does the money come from for food and other living costs (and crazy student party life)? Option one: parents. Option two: student loan. Option three: work. Option four: combination of all or some of these.
For me it's option three. I was lucky enough to find a great job right at the begining of school. Job that I'm still happy to do. I work as a personal assistant. For those who don't know what this is, or those who mixes it with regular assistant; personal assistant assists those that are diasable. Basically my work involves everyday house tasks, running errands and assisting in dressing, washing etc. But the best part of my job is definitely going out. The lady that I assist is a huge fan of finnish bands like Varjokuva and Helmenkalastajat so we go out to gigs quite often. Sometimes to places further away (I'm of course driving). These are not normal gigs that most students are used to but gigs where the main thing is dancing. And not just dancing around like in a club but dancing with a partner. (This is when you say "Whaat? Seriously"). The age range in these gigs is definitely more leaned towards the older population so I feel quite young everytime we go to these gigs. During summer time there are more young people when the so called "summer stages" open up but still most of the people are way over 30 years old. It's a shame though; the bands are good, music is great and dancing is awesome! The tradition of these kinds of dancing places started in the 19th certury. (I could propably write pages about explaning the different kind of dancing places there are but you'd propably just get bored). Unfortunately it seems to be slowly disappearing tradition, especially among the younger generations. Like I said, it's a shame. I think it's a great tradition and I'm glad I got to know it through my job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP-P8caPrQQ

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti