keskiviikko 8. lokakuuta 2014

IC as in what?

If you don't already know what IC is and does then now is really the time to listen.. or read.


IC as in International Club is part of JAMKO and is run by the IC responsible of the board, that is me: Sanna Johansson. I'm a third year nursing student and somehow accidentaly became a student active right in the beginning of my studies in the fall 2012. In my first year I started in the board of JASTO and in JAMKO representatives. Now in the beginning of my third year of studies, I'm still in the JASTO board and also in the JAMKO board.

What does IC do? We organize internationally oriented events for all the students! No, the IC events are not only for foreign students of our school but also for the finnish student population! Yes, the events are in english but finns don't let that scare you! It is always great to meet people from other countries, learn about their cultures and hey, maybe even perfect your language skills! These events are also a great opportunity for all the foreign students to learn about the weird finnish ways.

What kind of events does IC organize? Well we have monthly events like the movie nights that are held in the JAMKO café. This year (what I really think is fantastic) you can have a say in what movie will be watched. A week or two before the event, you can vote for the movie from three choises in the facebook event, a link to this voting can also be found in the JAMKO webpage.
Other monthly events we have are the Burger Nights and also Burger Party Nights. These are nights when you can eat a delicious burger meal in Revolution (with student friendly prize of course) and rack your brain in the IC Quiz. The Burger Party Nights are nights when the Burger Night continues with competitions and fun party in Freetime.
These are not all of course, for example we have non-alcoholic events like christmas and easter workshops and of course the trips! These trips take you to the wonders of St. Petersburg and Lapland. The trip to St. Petersburg is already leaving on Thursday! And the trip to Lapland is sold out but no worries these trips are organized again in the spring!

Some of you may have already noticed I keep talking we and not I. No, I definitely don't do all this by myself. I have a wonderful IC team working with me. The team members were selected last spring and are mostly tutors. With them I plan and organize these IC events. If you ever see any of us in the events or in school or anywhere else, don't hesitate to come say hi!

Meet me and the team!
Flora, Irene, Saara, Sanna, Nika and Santi
(unfortunately Emilia is missing from the picture)








Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti