maanantai 25. helmikuuta 2013

Spring break in Lapland

Hello everyone! My name is Erja Esala and I am responsible for sports in JAMKO´s board. This week I will write to you from Ylläs, Lapland. Ylläs is about 600 kilometres to North from Jyväskylä. I´m staying here with my relatives; my cousin and her family (including 6-, 5- and one-year-old children) and my aunt and uncle.

My spring break hasn´t started as well as I wanted. I catched a cold right before we got here, so I haven´t been able to ski at all! How boring. Luckily I took some movies with me, so now I´m watching the Lion King. The video below, and the first 50 seconds of it, is one of my favorite parts of the movie, because it´s so funny. I prefer it in Finnish, but I put it in English. You can find it in Youtube in both languages if you want. :)
 

Tomorrow I will not stay in - I will go to ski no matter what. I can´t stand laying in bed when everyone else is out and having fun. I also promised to take the kids out to a sled hill some day, and I have to admit that I´m looking forward to it probably even more than they are. :) 

Someone might think, don´t I want to go downhill skiing or snowboarding at all. Yes, I have a snowboard and I can do snowboarding.. but I don´t like it so much anymore. I think it has something to do with getting older. I remember when I learned how to snowboard at the age of 15 and then I went straight to the woods and followed the routes there. I can´t believe I´ve done something as crazy as that! Nowadays I am just happy if I get the hill down safely without falling even once! I now.. what a looser. :D So maybe I just ski and be happy.. and stress-free. :)

I wish everyone is having a great spring break, and no one has a cold or anything else that would keep them in bed!

- Erja



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti