tiistai 15. lokakuuta 2013

Meet the new IC responsible

Hello!

My name is Milja Taivassalo and I’m the newest member of the JAMKO board. Last month the JAMKO Representatives chose me to become a new International Club responsible. Thanks to them! I’m really excited about this. As an IC responsible my main task is to organize international events and trips to JAMK’s exchange students, degree students and Finnish students who are willing to get more international.

I think this is a perfect role for me. I’m a third year International Business student and I have specialized in Cross-cultural Management. I really like everything that is international or intercultural, and that is exactly what IC is about. I was on a tutor camp when I first heard about the IC Team, which helps the IC responsible to plan and organize the IC events. I joined the team last year, so IC was already familiar for me. When I heard they needed a new IC responsible, I decided to apply. Also working in an organization as a board member was familiar for me, since I’ve been a board member of Konkurssi, the study field association of business students at JAMK.

This is how I look like.

Besides JAMKO and Konkurssi I use a lot of my time on this semester for my thesis. I’m planning to get it done before going for an exchange next semester, so I’ve been rather busy lately. Anyhow, I don’t spend all of my time at school: I do have some hobbies, too. I sing and dance, and those are the precious moments when I can relax and stop worrying about things. The remaining time is saved for my family and friends that are really important to me.

I love to travel and I love sunshine. I'm a bit jealous to my family, because at the moment they are sunbathing in Malta. Luckily I will travel to St. Petersburg at the end of the week! I promise to share some pictures and experiences from the IC trip with you. Also, one thing that helps me to face these darkling days with a smile is the idea of me being myself an exchange student in sunny Spain next semester.

I’m a friendly person and I like people. Whenever you see me, feel free to come to say hi. The first opportunity is today at the IC Culture Tour.

See you!

- Milja

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti