perjantai 2. marraskuuta 2012

I swear in the power of coffee


Hi, my name is Reeta and I am a coffee addict. Or – as the word addict is so negative – I’d rather think myself as a coffee connoisseur. That is what I must say after I have ordered myself a dark roast Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee in a fancy coffee shop which will remain anonymous so that this wouldn’t turn into a free ad for them. 
Coffee in JAMKO's office.


But basically, coffee is what keeps me going. I drink coffee in the morning at home before I come to work. Then when I arrive to the JAMKO office, I have my first coffee of the morning in the office. Then I have mid-morning coffee which is followed by coffee with lunch. Then I have midafternoon coffee and also evening coffee. I wouldn’t be surprised if my blood turned black one of these days. I will survive as long as coffee and cocoa beans don’t run out in the world.





Midmorning coffee.
So, I spent two out-of-office working days in coffee shops Helsinki. There are only a very few things I enjoy as much as sitting in coffee shops sipping good coffee. Tuesday evening was spent in the Finnish Foreign Ministry in the Finnish United World College Committee meeting. As a result, I will sit on the Board of the Finnish UWC organization next year. Unfortunately, because of the meeting, I missed the last train from Helsinki to Jyväskylä. So I hopped on the last bus at 22:30, was in Jyväskylä at 3 o’clock in the morning on Wednesday, got to my own bed at 4 o clock in the morning, got up at 6:30 and was in the office at 8:30 in the morning. Wednesday was spent in dreamlike haze.



Midafternoon coffee.
Week has gone by very quickly, particularly because we have been working on JAMKO’s Red Nose Day Recipe Booklet. The design was finally ready yesterday and we have tried to print out our Red Nose Day recipe booklets for two days now. After several people attempting, loads and loads of coffee, major headaches and a few curse words at the machine, the printer has finally started to print them out. Hopefully, with luck and divine intervention, they will be ready for sale on Monday. Hopefully… cross your fingers!


Because it is Friday and almost 4pm I decided that all the things I told you in my last blog that I was going to write….not going to happen. This has been too hectic of a week for me to write down intelligent analysis on education systems and education fees etc. But in honor of the Red Nose Recipe Booklet, my last blog this weekend will be dedicated to food. Stay tuned!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti