sunnuntai 7. huhtikuuta 2013

About iPhone

A few weeks ago, on Degree and International tutor camp we had and intersive and interesting conversation during lunch. Participants: me, Tutor and Sports secretary Minna, Communication and Trusteeship secretary Reeta and Erja, member of JAMKO board (her reponsibility is sports).

Topic: iPhone. I think somebody thought we were having a bit fight. I have an iPhone. Erja doesn't. And of course we have different opinions about smartphones in common. My opinion is that I couldn't live without my phone. And Erja is fine with her Nokia (and Nokias are FINE, really!).

But I can't avoid the good points Erja made about smartphones. I DOES look silly when a group of friends are in nightclub and all of them are looking their phones. Perhaps just writing a post to Facebook but anyway. And I admit that I have become lazy, I use Google-search extreamly often, rather than figure out that by myself. But mabye the worst things are apps. They are baleful to any social life, to be honest. Angry Birds, Candy Crush Saga, Tapped Out, Bejeveled Blitz... You name it.

(This picture is from 9gag)



But is there anything good in smartphones? Well. I don't know about you, but for me a phone more than a device for texting and calling. I don't mind, that I read my e-mail 20 times a day and that I am aware what is happening. My phone is also my calender. I have a physical calender, but it's not always with me. My phone is. My phone is also a music player, and I like to listen music all the time. Today I read to an exam using my phone, because the book was in electronic form (and I listened Mozart at the same time with the same device, it's good for learning, right?;)). Am I lazy, for not going to library or ecological for using electronic book? I guess the answer depends on your values and attitudes.

I guess attitudes and values determine on which side are we on. The most important thing is to respect someone elses opinions, because no-one has the right to say who is wrong and who is right.

Really heavy thoughts for late Sunday night, oops.

Yours
Heidi





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti