maanantai 9. joulukuuta 2013

Year 2013: a great teacher

Last weekend I was at a cottage with JAMKO board and we talked a lot about this year. It has been quite hard, and many of us have been really busy and tired. However, it has been an outstandingly good year, since it has given so much. Last spring I did my last mandatory courses and had to say goodbye to many good friends, because they went for an exchange or moved to other cities after studies. Still I haven't had to be lonely: I have gotten many new friends for example from JAMKO board and exchange students.

I have many good memories from this year and many amazing experiences: I've been partying in a limo on the historical streets of St. Petersburg, I've been swimming in the Arctic Ocean in November and I've been laughing my head off in many situations - and all of this with awesome people of course!

From JAMKO I have gained useful experience for my future: in recruiting, team leading, event organizing and presenting. It has given me not just friends, but something precious that I could not have learned from just sitting in a classroom. I think I have been growing up this year quite a lot. I've had more responsibility with all the JAMKO stuff, but also with my thesis. In addition, I have done some big decisions that have an effect on my future (this is worth mentioning, because for me decision making has always been very difficult).

I think I can be proud of myself. I am not saying that everything I have done this year, has been super, but I have done my best and I'm happy with what I've done. A couple of weeks more and this year will be wrapped up. If you want to think back to this year with me, come tomorrow to IC After Hours and have a chat or leave your best experience of the year on the memory wall.

Amazing experience: a husky safari in beautiful Lapland

Cheers!

Milja

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti